Information Literacy Assignment – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Information Literacy Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to learn about information literacy by exploring the concept of peer review. You may be familiar with peer review in prior writing courses, but what does it mean when you talk about peer review in relation to academic source material? Click on the following link to a DeVry University Library presentation of Peer Reviewed Journals: The Creation of New Knowledge. http://library.devry.edu/pdfs/Peer_Review_PPT.pdf The PDF presentation contains 20 slides that will introduce the peer review cycle.
After reviewing the presentation, compose a 2-paragraph response in which you address each of the following points:
- In your own words, identify points in the peer review cycle that seem especially important and explain why.
- How does an editor differ from a peer reviewer? Use at least two points to support your response.
- Based on this information, explain whether your article for this week was peer reviewed? How can you determine this information?
- As you work on your research in this class, where specifically can you look to find peer-reviewed information?
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com