4 Most Powerful People in the Community – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
I have chosen 4 people within my community that I consider fairly powerful: 1. Mayor- Chockwe Antar Lumumba 2. Sheriff- Victor Mason 3. Judge- Bill Skinner 4. Superintendent- Dr. Errick L. Greene.
The assignment is to provide sources that support my claim that these individuals are in fact the most powerful. I am supposed to provide a phrase or short sentence describing who the person is and what he or she does and their basis of power.
- Legitimate – This comes from the belief that a person has the formal right to make demands, and to expect others to be compliant and obedient.
- Reward – This results from one person’s ability to compensate another for compliance.
- Expert – This is based on a person’s high levels of skill and knowledge.
- Referent – This is the result of a person’s perceived attractiveness, worthiness and right to others’ respect.
- Coercive – This comes from the belief that a person can punish others for noncompliance.
Six years later, Raven added an extra power base:
- Informational – This results from a person’s ability to control the information that others need to accomplish something.
Site sources & for each source note why it is relevant.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com