American Art Before and After World War II , writing homework help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Resources: Review your Week 3 readings and videos.
For your Week 3 Assignment, choose one of the options listed below.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on American art before and after World War II.
Include an examination of the artwork of three artists total. Select two artists who worked during the Great Depression and one Abstract Expressionist artist. Remember Abstract art is not Abstract Expressionism.
Include discussion of the following in your paper: Three images, use citations for information and for images. Use a reference page, introduction and conclusion. Use the images I approve in class and my suggestions for images.
- At least one example of art from each artist with a description of the subject and style of the work.
- An examination of the purpose of artwork created during the Great Depression. Were your examples used as tools for social reform? What other types of messaging was present in works from the 1930s?
- A description of how Abstract Expressionism emerged in post-World War II America and how it differed from the art work of the 1930s.
- A description of the style of your Abstract Expressionist artist and why he or she was interested in this style of abstraction; was there a “meaning” to their work?
Format your paper according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
- Framing America, Ch. 7
- Framing America, Ch. 8
- Week 3 Electronic Reserve Readings
- Documenting the Face of America: Roy Stryker and the FSA/OWI Photographers Video Reflection
- Jackson Pollock Video Reflection
- Grant Wood—American Gothic
- Charles Sheeler Video Reflection
- Diego Rivera—Revolutionary With A Paintbox Video Reflection
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com