Assignment 2: The Good Life, philosophy homework help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Assignment 2: The Good Life
The final graded assignment is an 8-10 page paper on the question: what is the good life? This assignment will be completed in four parts, so you may want to use section headers to organize your paper. This paper is somewhat cumulative, so you may need to review material from previous weeks to prepare for this essay. Remember to explain the theories you reference with supporting citations to the textbook and online lectures before contrasting them in correct APA format. You may want to use examples to illustrate your understanding of key ideas in each theory. Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
Address the following in your paper:
- The Consequentialism Debate: Compare and Contrast deontology and utilitarianism. Briefly discuss the differences between Bentham and Mill’s versions of utilitarianism. Discuss the political and ethical implications of utilitarianism.
- Explain virtue ethics and care ethics and discuss how these approaches offer an alternative to the deontological and utilitarian focus on how we should act.
- Explain existential ethics and briefly discuss the role of free will in ethical decision making. The explanation of existentialism should discuss the following ideas: authenticity, ambiguity, freedom, anxiety, and bad faith.
- Illustrate the theories discussed with examples, including situations relevant to your current or future career.
Submit your assignment in the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox by June 20, 2017.
Have retrieved information in reference for example:
Melody, S. (2009, November 16). We Have 30 Basic Human Rights: Do You Know Them? Retrieved from http://www.samaritanmag.com/we-have-30-basic-human…
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Compared/contrasted deontology and utilitarianism. Discussed the consequentialism debate. Cited support from the course textbook and online lectures in correct APA citation.||
|Explained classical and contemporary versions of virtue ethics. Discussed how the focus on character distinguishes these approaches from deontology and utilitarianism. Cited support from the course textbook and online lectures in correct APA citation.||
|Explained existentialism and discussed the role of free will in ethics. Cited support from the course textbook and online lectures in correct APA citation.||
|Illustrated the theories discussed with examples including situations relevant to your current or future career.||
|Used correct grammar and spelling.||
|Conformed to APA citation and page length guidelines (8-10 pages).||
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com