Broward College Causal / Effect-Cause Main Point Organization Pattern – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
A one-page (250-word) paper
Step 1 Research a speech.
Using your course materials and the internet, research a speech that you feel is particularly effective, then analyze each speaker’s style and language strategies.
Step 2 Answer the questions.
In a one-page (250-word) paper, address the following:
- Who was the speaker, and what was that speaker’s main topic?
- What CORE style(s) does the speaker use in his or her speech? Cite the choice of word phrases and other clues from the speech to justify your answer.
- What you believe is the speech’s specific purpose?
- What strategies did the speaker use to achieve the specific purpose of the speech?
- Do you believe the speaker was successful in achieving the specific purpose of the speech?
- How does style and word choice in this speech impact the effectiveness of the message?
- How can you incorporate some of these techniques into your own speeches?
An outline that is based on the format we’ve been using.
Step 1 Select a topic.
Choose a topic that fits into one of the categories of persuasive speeches that was highlighted in the lesson.
Step 2 Review lesson information.
Review the information in Lesson 4 of the course about creating a specific purpose statement and thesis, deriving a question based on the thesis, and using the question to determine the main points to cover in the speech.
Step 3 Provide information about your topic.
In a document, determine and enter the following information about your topic:
- Description of the audience for your speech (you get to define your audience.)
- General purpose
- Specific purpose
Step 4 Select a pattern.
Based on your knowledge of patterns of organizing speech information, select a pattern of organization to use to create an outline for your speech.
Step 5 Open the corresponding outline template document below.
Step 6 Create an outline.
Using the template, create a full-sentence, preparation outline for your speech. Follow the guidelines presented in the lesson for using a consistent set of symbols, using full, and declarative sentences.
Step 7 Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com