College of San Mateo Ch 6 Classical Conditioning Discussion – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Discussion Points are awarded for comments that · reflect that you have read the required text and readings · that you have prepared the discussion questions in advance · that you have thought about the content · that you have attempted to understand the readings · and that you are able to apply the content to “real life.” In other words, quality comments reflect effort, accuracy, and thoroughness. If you do not understand the material, you can still earn participation points by demonstrating that you have made an effort to understand the material and that you have read the text. Trying to struggle with and figure out the information merits points. I expect you to make posts that directly address all parts of the discussion questions as well as respond to others’ postings. Points awarded for responses to others’ postings will be awarded using the same criteria as original posts (see above, see syllabus).
You will not earn points for posts/replies that do not meet the above criteria or for posts/replies that simply reflect information from your personal life without incorporating specific concepts and understanding of the chapter.
Your reply should focus on enhancing your peer’s discussion and not on the organization or if you enjoyed reading it. This can be mentioned but should not be the focus. Further, you will not earn points by simply stating that you agree or disagree with a classmate without fully supporting your opinion with concepts from the course material. Your peer response must enhance your peer’s post while incorporating concepts from the course material directly related to the discussion question.
Required: Two posts per chapter. Original posts must be a minimum of 400 words combined. (approx 200 words each).
Required: Two responses to peers’ posts per chapter. Peer responses must be a minimum of 125-150 words for each peer response.
Complete discussion A and select from B or C. Inside your discussion always start by titling your post in bold using one of the topic titles below and then discuss your topic starting on the next line. You will then reply to two of your peers’ posts from either the same or different topic. On the top line of your peer responses write “reply to:” and then the title of the peers’ post to which you are responding. Start your peer response on the next line.
Complete discussion A and select from either B or C.
Discussion A) Classical Conditioning
1. What is classical conditioning?
2. After watching the video below answer the following questions regarding the Little Albert study (the answers to the below questions must pertain to the Little Albert Study, not just “in general what these terms mean”):
- What is the Unconditioned Stimulus in the video?
- What is the Unconditioned Response in the video?
- What is the Conditioned Stimulus in the video?
- What is the Conditioned Response in the video?
- Define both stimulus discrimination and stimulus generalization?
- Does this example shown in the video demonstrate stimulus generalization or stimulus discrimination?
- What would extinction look like if it were present in the video?
- What would spontaneous recovery look like if it were present in the video?
Discussion B) What’s Happening?
• What is operant conditioning? What is reinforcement and punishment? Now address the situation below:
• You’re a parent and every time you go to the store your child starts yelling and crying and you buy the child a toy.
• What’s going on? Would this be reinforcement (positive or negative) or punishment?
• How can you stop the yelling and crying behaviors? Would this be reinforcement (positive or negative) or punishment?
Discussion C) Schedules of Reinforcement
• What is operant conditioning? What is reinforcement and punishment? • What are schedules of reinforcement? Next, provide an example of fixed ratio versus variable ratio schedule of reinforcement. (Do Not simply restate an example from the PowerPoint or the textbook, etc.). Also, which has a higher resistance to extinction?
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com