Community development and the internet – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Community development increasingly relies upon the internet to bridge divisions and to forge linkages among disparate communities. From Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn, to instant messaging and e-mail, communities across the United States have turned to the internet as a way to not only connect communities, but also to provide core government services.
In a paper, reflect upon what strategies community developers could enact to capitalize on the internet, not only to provide government services to citizens, but also to spark renewed development and interest in local communities.
- Be 15 pages in length minimum
- Include a minimum of seven (7) sources and reference your sources. Sources should be adequately chosen to provide substance and perspectives on the issue.
PLEASE INCLUDE annotated bibliography for 3 sources only
- brief summary of the article (i.e., author’s main points and research).
- examines the article’s strengths and weaknesses and evaluates the research method(s) used by the author(s).
- why it is important for your paper
You may wish to focus on the following considerations: (optional)
- Do all citizens need internet access? If so, how can communities provide greater access to broadband internet for their citizens? How would this enhance responsible community development?
- What government services can be transmitted to citizens via the internet? Which should not? Why?
- Are social networking sites an effective mechanism for communities to link citizens and to encourage community development?
- What dangers, if any, confront community developers as they seek new technological means to provide linkages among citizens, and between government agencies and citizens?
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com