Complete MSA cultural assignment , sociology homework help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Submit by Day 7 a 2- to 3-page APA formatted paper in which you:
- Explain the potential impact of white privilege on clients from both dominant and minority groups (consider impact of both positive and negative stereotypes).
- Explain how intersecting identities might impact an individual’s experience (for example, race/ethnicity and gender, race/ethnicity and class, race/ethnicity and ability, race/ethnicity and sexual orientation, race/ethnicity and class).
- Providing specific examples, explain how a social worker might utilize cultural strengths when working with clients.
- Describe 2-3 social work skills and how a social worker might use them to engage in anti-oppressive work.
- Support ideas in paper with at least 2-3 course resources (please reference specific chapters, not the entire textbook) and at least one additional peer-reviewed article from the Walden library (not assigned in this course) to support your ideas.
- Carlton-LaNey, I. (1999). African American social work pioneers’ response to need. Social Work, 44(4), 311-321. Retrieved from Walden Databases.
- Johnston-Goodstar, K. (2013). Indigenous youth participatory action research: Re-visioning social justice for social work with indigenous youths. Social Work, 58(4), 314-320.
Retrieved from Walden Databases.
- Joo, N., Reeves, R. V., & Rodrigue, E. (2016). Asian-American success and the pitfalls of generalization. The Brookings Institute. Retrieved from https://www.brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2016/04/20/asian-american-success-and-the-pitfalls-of-generalization/
- Mattsson, T. (2014). Intersectionality as a useful tool: Anti-oppressive social work and critical reflection. Affilia, 29(1), 8-17.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com