Culture and Health Attitudes – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Culture and Health Attitudes
- Culture and Health Attitudes Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Online Writing Center.
- iGuide: ePortfolio.
- Research Guide – Undergraduate.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
- APA Style Paper Template.
- Health Behaviors Questionnaire.
According to Huff (1999), the concepts of health held by various ethnic and immigrant groups within the United States may differ from and even contradict the health concepts of the mainstream society. This assignment will give you the opportunity to look at the concept of being healthy cross-culturally. You will interview someone who has a different cultural background from your own, and through the interview, you will identify cross-cultural similarities and differences in health-related behaviors.
- Choose a person to interview with a different cultural background from your own.
- Use the questionnaire given in the resources to interview your chosen person and yourself.
- Write up the responses from both interviews.
- Analyze the responses:
- What kind of similarities and differences did you find between your definition of being healthy and your partner’s definition?
- What kind of similarities and differences did you find between your responses and your partner’s responses in the attitudes and behaviors concerning keeping good health?
- Did you find any cultural values reflected in your responses and your partner’s responses?
- What impact do you think gender or sexual orientation play in attitudes and behaviors related to health?
- How can the knowledge of cultural differences inform social policy related to health care?
You may choose to use the template provided in the resources for this paper.
Your paper should be 4–5 pages in length, formatted as per APA sixth edition guidelines. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources to support the assertions made.
Submit your paper to Turnitin. Then, submit your paper to the assignment area for grading.
Huff, R. M. (1999). Cross-cultural concepts of health and disease. In R. M. Huff & M. V. Kline (Eds.), Promoting health in multicultural populations: A handbook for practitioners (pp. 23–39). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com