Easy 6 pages Book Essay on “Abraham Lincoln The American Presidents Series” – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Ebook is provided. Basically you don’t need to “write” anything. You only need to put in many quotes from instructed chapters that answers each of the following questions. Remember, no outside sources. I do not need your writing, just give me quotes only from this book. And please provide page number.
Feel free to ask me questions.
Instructions: Using George McGovern’s Abraham Lincoln, write an essay (6-page minimum) that answers all of the following questions:
- Lincoln’s personal history. What professional and political experience did Abraham Lincoln accumulate before becoming President? (Ch.1—Humble Beginnings, pp.15-29; Ch.2—Making of a Statesman, pp.30-35)
- The main conflict between North and South that led to war. What was the Kansas-Nebraska Act (1854)? The Dred Scott decision (1857)? Why did each one bring Lincoln out of private life and “rekindle” his political career? (Ch. 2—Making of a Statesman, pp.35-41)
- Why saving the Union was important. What arguments did Lincoln make against southern secession? In what ways did he repress civil liberties during the war and otherwise “stretch the limits of presidential authority”? (Ch.3—Lincoln and the Union, pp.48-63)
- Freeing the slaves. McGovern states that the Emancipation Proclamation “transformed the meaning of the war and redefined…the notion of freedom in America.” What was Lincoln’s early attitudes toward slavery and racial equality? On what grounds did he justify emancipation? (Ch.4—Lincoln and Emancipation, pp.64-72)
- How the North won the war. McGovern states that Lincoln began the Civil War advocating “limited war” but later replaced it with “total war.” What does he mean by these? How did Generals Ulysses S Grant and William Sherman implement the policy of total warfare? (Ch.5—Lincoln and Total War, pp.80-87, 92-96)
- Republican reform. What major domestic reforms were passed during Lincoln’s 1st and 2nd terms? (Ch. 7—Rising Above the Fray, pp.119-122)
- Your essay must be typed and double-spaced.
- Use Question-Answer format—write out the question, then write a short essay answering it. Do that for each question.
- Use quotes and page citations (essays that don’t will be graded down).
- Your essay must be a minimum of six pages (one page = roughly 24 lines of essay).
- All answers must come from the McGovern biography. Don’t use outside sources.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com