ENGL124 California College Internet Credibility Research – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Please document the following by taking screen shots and explaining in prose as you work through your research in order to discover the possible credibility of two of the experts from the list. Please number each part of your assignment.
- Choose two:
Dr. Robert Folk, a geologist
Dr. Monica Grady, a meteorite specialist
Dr. Michael Persinger, neurologist and geologist
Dr. Joe Nickell, a paranormal investigator
Dr. David M. Jacobs, an historian
Dr. Jack Cohen, a reproductive biologist
Garry Wood, an ambulance driver in Edinburgh, Scotlan
2. Take a screen shot of the list of links that appear. Be sure to post this and all other screen shots in your paper. Before you click on a link, examine the first ten to fifteen entries in the resulting list. Yes, you may use Wikipedia as one source for this assignment. Look at each URL and see what you can learn from it. Also notice any other information that might affect your opinion of the source’s reliability or objectivity.
- Are there sources that you immediately trust as reliable? Which ones, and why?
- Are there any that you immediately assume will present a biased perspective? Which ones, and why?
- Are there any that are completely unfamiliar to you? If so, choose two or three and speculate what type of source each might be.
- 3. Now click on a couple of the sources that you trusted as being reliable. Identify exactly who wrote the document that you have accessed. If you cannot find an author, what does that suggest? If there is an author, search that person’s name and see if you find convincing credentials that support the assumption that he or she is qualified to write on the subject at hand.
- Do the same with at least two sources that you predicted would be biased. Does further investigation support your assumption?
- Go to at least one of the sources that were unfamiliar to you. Once you look more closely at the source, do you find any evidence of its reliability or lack thereof? Explain.
- Based on your research, do you think the expert is credible in his/her field? Give at least two examples why.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com