Examining Strategies – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Week 6 Discussion 1: Examining Strategies
99 unread replies.1111 replies.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Section 6; Integrative Questions for Section 6
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, conduct an internet search and locate short video clips that provide examples that offer strategies for dealing with prejudice and discrimination. For example, you can look up and review the video A Class Divided (a PBS documentary). Then, address the following:
- What strategies are used to address prejudice and discrimination?
- How does the strategy vary according to the audience (e.g., children, adults, etc.)?
- Connect the strategies presented in the video to the strategies discussed in this week’s lesson or course reading.
- Offer examples of how your workplace or how the health care professions environment could develop strategies to improve communication barriers and compliance.
- Explain the value of self-awareness regarding your role in the healthcare profession by being able to recognize and manage diversity issues.
- What role does self-awareness play in addressing these issues?
- What policies or procedures does your workplace have in place to promote and encourage self-awareness of diversity?
- Can you make any recommendations for workplaces to highlight self-awareness as a value of importance?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. For example, examine the videos of your peers. What strategies seem effective to you? Which might be easy to implement? Which might be more difficult? Explain why?
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com