From the samples of Egyptian love poetry, identify one (1) or two (2) lines that you especially enjoy or find interesting, hi – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
- From the samples of Egyptian love poetry, identify one (1) or two (2) lines that you especially enjoy or find interesting, and compare this poetry to some aspect of modern life. Next, describe two (2) aspects of Egyptian mummification and the early Egyptians’ beliefs related to mummification that you find surprising or intriguing. These funerary practices were driven by certain Egyptian ideas of the afterlife; compare these to modern beliefs and practices.
- Select one (1) of the following famous ancient Roman structures that you find most fascinating: Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Pantheon, insulae, or bath complexes. After exploring the related resource(s) below on Rome, describe one (1) structure that you found most fascinating. Identify two (2) specific aspects of the structure in question, and make a comparison to specific aspects of modern urban life.
– Compare and contrast two aspects of Hinduism and Buddhism that interest you. For example, you might consider their beliefs about the nature of reality, their artwork, or their teachings on how to live. (You are not limited to these ideas.
- Identify two (2) aspects of Romanesque cathedral architecture, and explain their significance. Discuss two (2) details one might encounter or experience on the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela (i.e., on the way and / or once there) that you think a medieval Christian pilgrim might find especially meaningful. In modern times, identify the place you would find most meaningful to visit, and explain why. Write a paragraph from a letter you might send home about this “pilgrimage”.
- Identify two (2) classical Greek and / or Roman figures or qualities in any work by Michelangelo or by Raphael. Discuss the primary reasons why popes and other patrons might allow such trappings of ancient pagan culture within a Christian society, even in sacred contexts. Provide a rationale for your response. Describe any modern structure or sculpture or work of art where you can identify either ancient pagan images or features, or a mix of elements from different cultures and periods.
- Compare Erasmus and Luther in their attempts to bring about religious reform. Consider the role of the printing press and the actions of German princes in helping Luther to succeed. Next, identify one (1) example of the Protestant Reformation’s impact on visual arts. Pretend you are in a company or some other group in which you feel there is corruption. (Use a real incident if you wish). You have the option of remaining and working for reform from within, or of leaving and hoping to start or land something new. Describe your decision and the “dangers” of that decision, and describe the factors that you had to consider.
- Explain whether you prefer the representation of the Last Supper by Tintoretto, Veronese, or Leonardo da Vinci, identifying specific elements of the Mannerist and Renaissance artistic styles. Discuss whether you would have sided with Veronese or with Inquisition court, considering the issues of artistic freedom, right of the patron, and appropriate subject matter. Provide a rationale for your response. Describe a real modern situation where similar issues arise, like a controversial film, a professor with controversial views, a business owner expressing a religious opinion in public, a business owner who has an employee who is “just different”, etc.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com