Global Awareness Assessment Essay – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Your essay should be a MINIMUM 2 pages, double-spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman. This should be saved as a WORD file (NotWordperfect) and sent to me as an email attachment. This means your file name will end with .doc – NOT .wps. These are also acceptable formats: .pdf, rtf. NOTE – If you send an unreadable file format, the late work policy WILL apply. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!
Be sure to cite your sources in APA style. [Find APA style at http://www.apastyle.org/ or http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.]Your paper will need to follow the format I have provided. Also – please note that the minimum two pages is not including the title and intro information OR the references. There should be a minimum of two pages of the description.
Please note: the instructions above are not suggestions – you WILL lose points for any of the above directions that are not followed exactly. Make sure you follow the format example you have been provided, including the way the file needs to be named.
BE SURE TO COVER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW IN YOUR ESSAY.
Mesopotamia, now a part of Syria has experienced a turbulent history of invasions and war. What we see going on today is in many ways what has gone on since people first began living in that area. This is a particular history and has undoubtedly had an effect on the peoples who live there and therefore on the art work they make. In this assignment you are being asked to look for the affect that almost continuous war has had on this population as evidenced through their art work. You may consider art work of the past or contemporary work. Please refer to the list provided to guide your search. An example is the tradition of rug making. Contemporary rug makers in this region are now including patterns in their rugs that are based on helicopters, tanks and other objects of warfare. The rug makers are still using ancient techniques that have passed down many generations but now the content of the rugs reflect current conditions and the associated imagery.
- Use the names of artists and art below to find a work of Art to discuss in essay form. Identify the work of art by title, artist, period/style, genre, and geographic/cultural origin. INCLUDE AN IMAGE OF THE ARTWORK IN YOUR PAPER.
- In your essay describe the art object in terms of the Visual Elements and Principles of Design.
- Through research, present what scholars have said about the meaning of that work of art in the context of the history of art. Please use proper MLA formatting.
- Include in your discussion what the uses of the object/objects were at the time it was made and what the impact of that work of art has been on the culture who created it.
- Your conclusions should include your interpretations of the work of art.
Contemporary Syrian Artists
Abdul Kerim Majdal Al-Beik
Alice Al Khatib
Ancient Assyrian Art
Assyrian Relief of Nimrod
Lion Hunt from the Place Complex Assurnasirpal
Victory Stele of Narum-Sin
This is a college-level course, and all written work will be graded accordingly. I read
principally for content, although at this level of higher education, format is also very
important. I stress the basics of standard practice in written English.Standard sentences
with subject agreement, adequate grammar, and no typographical or spelling errors are
considered the basics of college-level written communication.
Start early and get help if you need it. We have a writing lab on campus that can assist you with this assignment.
Important Points of an Art History Image
- Who is the artist or is the artist unknown?
- What period or style is it?
- What is the name of the artwork?
- To what culture does it belong?
- Of what material/medium is it made?
- What is its subject matter?
- How big is it? Does its medium affect the quality?
- What are its formal elements (line, color, composition, etc.)?
- Is it abstract, naturalistic, idealistic, realistic, or a combination?
- How is the subject being depicted?
- What is the origin of the style? – Is it a combination of cultural styles?
Function/Symbolism(Often relates to cultural context)
- What was it used for? Why was it made?
- It is sacred or secular?
- Does it communicate a message? Is it asking for something?
- Does it contain symbolism? What does it mean?
- What was happening historically, politically, socially, religiously, intellectually, and/or economically at the time it was made?
- What were qualities of life at the time and place the piece was made that may have affected its function and style?
- Do historical events or overall aesthetic tastes relate to the image/story depicted?
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com