HN144 Argosy Gary Human Services Ethics and Interventions case Discussion – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
For this Assignment, you will be reading a case scenario in your text and responding to some questions related to the impact of the environment on behavior and choices, the impact of the client-human services professional relationship, and how identifying potential ethical issues and the National Organization for Human Services (NOHS) Ethical Standards can help guide you in working with clients.
Begin by reading the case study in your text (page 309), Spotlight 6.2: Portrait of a Single Father. Then, go to the NOHS website and review the Ethical Standards for Human Service Professionals.
After reading the case study and NOHS Ethical Standards, use the Unit 4 Assignment Template to reflect on the situation Gary finds himself in, his environment, and the possible ethical considerations in the case that the human service professional may need to consider as part of an ethical approach to the client and his family.
Please address the following:
- Discuss how Gary’s environment has influenced his behavior and decision-making during his adolescence.
- Discuss how working with a Human Service Professional (HSP) in a reciprocal relationship may help Gary change his behavior and decision-making to address his current life challenges.
- Considering the case study details and the NOHS Ethical Standards, identify one ethical concern you would have when working with Gary and/or his family. Choose one specific NOHS Ethical Standard that you believe would be important to apply in this case to ensure this ethical issue is addressed within the client and HSP relationship. Identify and discuss the specific NOHS Ethical Standard (taken directly from the NOHS site) in your response. Be sure to include proper citation for your selected standard.
- Discuss one specific way using ethical standards impacts the behavior of a HSP when working with clients such as Gary.
- Provide the name and contact information for one human service agency you believe a HSP could refer Gary to in order to provide assistance with his current issues. Identify some specific services and support that this agency could provide to assist Gary and explain why these are helpful to the client.
- Considering your responses to the assignment questions, explain how Gary’s case outcome might change from the ending offered in the case study epilogue. Discuss how knowledge of ethical standards and available resources can strengthen the relationship between the Human Service Professional and Gary in your response.
Your Assignment should be 2–3 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language, and be free of spelling and grammatical errors. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human service theories.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- You must use at least two sources in this paper. One can be your text and the other should be an NOHS reference.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
Text Book- Zastrow, C. Empowerment Series: Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment.
Chapter 6 page 309
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com