Legal Drugs – Discussion – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Nicotine is ingested through the mouth by either chewing tobacco or inhaling cigarette smoke or nicotine vapors. While the legal age for purchasing tobacco products used to be 16 years old throughout the United States, recent legislation has raised the age. In most states in the United States, the legal smoking age is 18 years old though some states have risen the age to 21 years old.
For this discussion, complete the assigned readings, watch the video clip below, and test your tobacco knowledge.
Test Your Knowledge: http://www.jeffreywigand.com/knowledgetest.php
- How did cigarette companies make their cigarettes more addictive, according to Dr. Wigand?
- Explain how someone becomes physically and psychologically addicted to nicotine.
- Describe how nicotine use effects the CNS as it mimics acetylcholine in the brain.
- Are smokeless tobacco products safer to use than cigarettes (e.g. eCigarettes, chewing tobacco
Here is the chapter to use as well and the textbook that it is in Read Chapter 12, pp. 269-291 and Chapter 10, pp. 225-246, textbook Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior Edition: 16th (2014) Author: Carl L. Hart and Charles Ksir Publisher: McGraw-Hill Book. This discussion should be 400-450 words long and please use the video and book to answer this discussion thank you
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com