Main Themes of Durkheim Work Discussion – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
I’m going to attach pics from the book to answer the question. 19 pics
- What are the two main themes of Durkheim’s work? Given the themes, why is he still relevant?
- In your own words, explain what Durkheim meant by social facts? What are, according to Durkheim, the chief characteristics of social facts?
- How does Durkheim’s view of a social fact for sociology differ from a psychological perspective? Aren’t nonmaterial social facts just in the minds of individuals?
- In your own words explain the following nonmaterial social facts: morality, collective conscience, collective representations, and social currents.
The Division of Labor in Society
- In your own words, explain the thesis of the division of labor in regards to modern society.
- In your own words, discuss mechanical and organic solidarity.
- What are the central components in Durkheim’s arguments on dynamic density, repressive and restitutive law, normal and pathological societies, and justice as it relates to the division of labor?
- In your own words, explain the four types of suicide in relation to integration and regulation.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com