management Information Systems Challenges and Security Issues, film homework help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Compare and contrast the management information systems (MIS) in place in 2 distinctly different organizations.
- Compare each organization’s use of information systems to help manage internal operations and to make decisions.
- Assess how these two organizations use information technology for competitive advantage.
- Appraise the individual and organizational consequences of the use of information technology, and recognize potential security breaches and computer crimes.
Present your findings in a Word document of 5–6 body pages formatted in APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Abstract: A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 2–3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
This assignment will be assessed using the rubric provided here.
Remember this is a formal academic APA paper. Do not put the bullet points in your paper. Do not submit a bullet and answer list. Instead, let the bullet points focus your analysis. Weave the answers to the bullet points throughout the body of your analysis. Remember to have strong ties to your textbook citing in-text by page number with full reference at work’s end. BUT>>>the textbook as a source is never enough. Research in our great library, citing your findings. Back up all opinions with the experts.
How to get started?
STEP 1: go to the LIBRARY and research companies that share their MIS information. Not all companies do, so do not pick companies first. Instead RESEARCH FIRST.
STEP 2: if you have trouble finding what you need in the library then be sure to ask a librarian. I’ve always found them fast and friendly when I’ve used them myself.
STEP 3: use the handout in the course materials learning resources to learn how to do a keyword search. This will help you get the info you need from the library too.
Lastly – as per posted expectations no quotes are allowed. I do not want to read other people’s words. I want to read your words. So read your source. Close it. Paraphrase. Cite. For tips and tricks on how to paraphrase check out the announcements and course learning resources/materials.
IP/GP Grading Rubric (non-math)
• 35% Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear
• 20% Scholarly research which supports writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences.
• 20% Critical thinking: position is well justified; logical flow; examples
• 10% Structure: includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format and reads as a polished, academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable
• 10% Mechanical – no spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors
• 5% APA – deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th Ed.)
Achieve work with MIS to develop and recommend workable solutions to specific business problems
Predict the individual and organizational consequences of the use of information technology, and recognize security breaches and computer crimes.
Laudon & Laudon: Ch. 8, 13, 14
You may be required to enter your Portal Password to gain access to read chapters and download books. This password is the same as what you use to login to the site.
Challenges and Security Issues
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com