Mindful Awareness – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Discussion Board 1
Directions: Discussion boards are comprised of two requirements: an initial post to answer the discussion questions (usually 1-2 paragraphs are sufficient) and a follow-up post to another student’s response. Please remember that your response should be appropriate, considerate, and substantive including remarks which provide an explanation of your comments. Remember, both your original post and response to another student’s post are due at the end of the week. Please check your course schedule for the deadlines. Messages posted after the deadlines will not receive credit.
Criteria: To receive full participation points, your postings should meet the following criteria:
- Avoid postings that are very limited in the scope of the comments to ‘I agree’ or simply ‘great idea’, etc. If you agree (or disagree) with a posting then say why you agree by supporting your statement with concepts from the readings or by bringing in a related example or experience.
- Address the questions as much as possible with the appropriate content (don’t let the discussion stray).
- When appropriate, try to use quotes from the readings that support your postings. Include proper APA in-text citation guidelines when doing so.Citations should be used to support research included in a response. Citations should be formatted in APA style.
- Respond to at least one other student’s post. Build on others responses to create threads.
- Feel free to bring in related prior knowledge (work experience, prior coursework, readings, etc.)
- Use proper netiquette (proper language, typing, etc.). Do not use all caps and “IM” language. Please use proper grammar. Points will be deducted for inappropriate language and poor grammar.
- Please see the grading rubric for more information on how your responses will be scored.
- Class content related issues only should be posted to the discussion board. Questions regarding of a personal nature for the instructor should be emailed directly to the instructor and not posted on the discussion board.
- Personal discussion between students should be conducted through personal email accounts.
- Choose one or more of the meditations available from UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center to experience the beneficial effects of mindfulness practices. Here is the website address:http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22Copy the website address into a browser and complete at least one (1) of the meditations.Submit your answers to the following questions in a discussion post:
- Which meditation(s) did you choose from the UCLA audio files?
- Describe your experience in detail.
- Was your experience positive, negative, or neutral?
- What stress management approach (from these experiences or from life experiences) would you consider adding to your life?
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com