Multi-Tiered System in counseling – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Your school is in the process of developing a Multi-Tiered System of Supports. As a major contributor in this project, part of your responsibility is to help develop a plan for the school counselor’s role in serving the academic, personal/ social, and career needs of all students. It is imperative that you accommodate and differentiate for special populations and students with disabilities.
Describe and give examples of the primary role of the school counselor and other multidisciplinary team members: teachers, school psychologist, and other specialists including health (hearing, vision, physical support) in the MTSS process.
Create a Tier 1 classroom lesson plan or activity relevant for all students, including special populations and students with exceptional needs (Tier 1 lessons and activities).
- The specific ASCA standard and competencies that this lesson addresses.
- The main goals and objectives of the lesson.
- How you will differentiate for students with specific learning disabilities or special needs.
- How you will accommodate for diverse backgrounds and cultural differences.
- The plan or activity and how it will be delivered to students.
- How you will evaluate the effectiveness of the lesson.
- Design a draft pre-/post assessment that aligns with core curriculum classroom lessons.
- How will you use the data to determine the at-risk indicators for students needing intentional interventions.
Create a Tier 2 small group activity or lesson to meet the needs of a special population. These are students who have already been identified as having specific needs such as social/emotional, academic, physical, behavioral, or vocational challenges. Include the following:
- Identify the specific ASCA standard and competencies this lesson addresses.
- Discuss the main goals and objectives of the lesson.
- Describe how the intervention will address the varying needs of identified students.
- Describe your plan and how you will address the specific needs of the group.
- Discuss how you will use the data to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of your group intervention.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 6–8 double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page and references list. Include page numbers, headings, and running headers.
- References: Minimum of five current, peer-reviewed references.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Review the scoring guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com