Northern Star Online Declaration of Independence Analysis Questions – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Declaration of Independence Analysis
1. In this document, Jefferson writes about rights from the “laws of nature.” What do you think he means by that?
2. Jefferson included the line “All men are created equal.” In what ways could this line be considered controversial? What do you think this line meant when slavery was still legal in parts of the country?
3. Jefferson included the following line before explaining that the British crown had made the American colonies put up with too much. “Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes.” Why do you think he chose to include this line?
4. What was the purpose of including the grievances section?
5. What were some of the major reasons why the colonists were upset?
6. In what ways does the document claim that the colonists have attempted to make amends with the British before declaring independence?
7. What is the tone of the final section of the document? What is the main point of it? Be specific.
8. In what ways has the country achieved the equality the document speaks of and in what ways do we need to improve? Be specific.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com