Organizational Short term and Long term Goals – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Each assignment is separate and should be 1-1.5 pages with in-text citations to include page and/or paragraph number.
- Post an explanation of strategies that you might use to define, prioritize, and meet short-term goals (1–4 years) for the organization (Everytown for Gun Safety) that you selected for your Final Project.
- Include how the goals would support flexibility in an ever-evolving world.
- Then with a futurist context in mind, explain strategies that you might use to define, prioritize, and meet your organization’s long-term goals (15–20 years).
Assignment # 2
- Explain 2–3 short-term goals (1–4 years) for your organization. Explain challenges that might impact these goals. Include how the organization might overcome these challenges.
- Explain 2–3 long-term goals (15–20 years) for your organization. Identify long-term trends (i.e., social, political, demographic, economic, ecological, technological, etc.) that might impact these goals.
- Explain why it is important to define short-term and long-term goals.
- Identify and share resources that you might use to help you define your organizational goals.
Bryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 9, “Implementing Strategies and Plans Successfully” (pp. 281-319)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2008b). Assessing the environment [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Poister, T. H. (2010). The future of strategic planning in the public sector: Linking strategic management and performance. Public Administration Review, 70(s1), s246–s254.
Weigand, K., Flanagan, T., Dye, K., & Jones, P. (2014). Collaborative foresight: Complementing long-horizon strategic planning. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 85, 134–152.
Wulf, T., Brands, c., & Meissner, P. (2010). A scenario-based approach to strategic planning: Tool description- Scenario matrix. Retrieved from: http://www.scenarioplanning.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/Tool_Description_Scenario_Matrix.pdf
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com