Outline for Research Paper novel Fahrenheit 451, English homework help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
I need to submit an outline on Thursday. Please read all information below:
Submit an Outline for your Research Paper for the novel Fahrenheit 451 that you have read. It is due December 29, 2016. See attachment for example of what the outline looks like.
My working thesis is: There is at least one television in almost every American home. Whether television is a distraction or not, media has had a positive outlook on society. In Fahrenheit 451, it describes how people’s lives being taken over by television. It also describes how books and other old forms of media are being replaced for television. Fahrenheit 451 is in a time where books are banned in order to avoid conflict created from the words the book addresses. Although, it captures a negative aspect on television, I look at television as a means of great benefit. It gives us entertainment as well as news from across the world. How can media be a distraction when we all can receive information that books are not able to give us? Books are a form of ideas that can enlightens ones mind and bring words to life. However, why just read a book when you can see it actually happening instead of visualizing it.
Remember, the research paper is ‘not’ a literary analysis where you go through the book showing the reader where a literary element is taking place within the novel. The research paper is an examination of the research already presented. In other words, you will be talking about what the scholars and critics are saying about how (to what end or for what purpose) Bradbury used realism, rather than showing the reader where Bradbury used realism.
You are to write a paper (seven to ten pages) on a literary topic related to your novel in some way.
Think about questions like this:
- Does the novel contain a great deal of symbolism? Perhaps you could write a paper that deals with the author’s use of symbolism in the novel.
- How does realism play into the meaning of the novel?
- How does a change in setting affect the development of the plot?
You may choose to address standard fiction elements such as theme, characterization, symbolism, allegory, irony, realism, or settings. History papers and biographical papers are not acceptable for this assignment.
Research Paper Guidelines
You may work ahead of the scheduled dates, but not after. Make sure that you do not get behind. Check the Schedule of Assignments on Syllabus Page 2 for all due dates.
In determining the grade for the paper, I will consider form (mechanics, grammar), content, documentation, and process. Each will affect the final grade for the paper.
- Research papers will have a body of seven to ten (7-10) pages. The paper must also have an outline, and Works Cited page. (These pages are NOT considered as part of the body page count.) You will find a sample research paper, including a sample Works Cited page at the Purdue OWL website or if you have purchased The St. Martin’s Handbook you can find a sample in Chapter 32. Information about formal outlines is in Chapter 3. The order of pages in the paper is outline, body of paper, works cited. These are all to be saved and sent to me as one document.
- The final Works Cited page will contain seven to eight (7-8) sources.The sources will be derived from appropriate books, periodicals, etc., to denote variety of sources used. Cliffs Notes, Masterplots, Monarch Notes, essays from paper mills, Wikipedia, and all other similar sources are NOT appropriate. Each of the sources used in the Works Cited must be used at least once in the research paper.
- You are to follow MLA format and documentation as described at the Purdue OWL site.
- Use direct quotations sparingly (no more than 25% of the paper).
- Be sure topic is sufficiently limited.
- All words should be spelled correctly and errors in sentence structure eliminated.
- The level of diction should be formal (no slang, contractions, jargon, or technical terms without definition).
- The paper should be well written and scholarly.
- All borrowed information must be noted whether quoted or paraphrased.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com