Perception of Intelligence, psychology homework help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Perception of Intelligence
Different cultures conceptualize and measure components of intelligence in various ways. Some cultures value a person’s ability to quickly process and respond to information. Other cultures may value one’s ability to consult with members of the same culture who have more life experience in order to solve problems. Still, other cultures value creativity, formal education, and literacy as a basis of intelligence. With so many variations in cultural beliefs, how do researchers ensure accurate measurements of intelligence among different cultures? For example, can standardized tests of intellectual ability from a Western culture adequately and appropriately measure the intelligence valued by Kpelle farmers in Liberia?
For this Assignment, consider how cultures interpret intelligence differently. Reflect on how various cultures measure intelligence. Use your Final Project culture of interest and, in addition, select another culture that defines intelligence differently. Consider how you might test different cognitive abilities (e.g., memory, organization, and visualization) in each of these two different cultures.
The Assignment (4–5 pages)
- Describe the two cultures (South African and Arabic Cultures please) you selected and compare how each culture perceives intelligence.
- Explain three cultural factors that might influence how intelligence is perceived in each culture you selected.
- Explain how you might measure intelligence in each culture and why you selected this method.
- Support your responses using the Learning Resources and the current literature.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com