Performance Measurement PowerPoint Slideshow – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to locate and compare performance measurement data on common health conditions for the hospitals in your area. You will investigate the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services websites and locate hospital compare data for hospitals within a 50-mile radius of the community where you are working or had your prelicensure clinical experiences. You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation and share the results of your findings. Opportunities for improving performance measurement indicators will be shared.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO 2)
CO 2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team through communication and relationship building. (PO 3)
CO 3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO 7)
CO 7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (POs 2 and 3)
CO 8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO 8)
This assignment is to be submitted to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 6.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Review information found on the following website related to hospital compare http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HospitalQualityInits/HospitalCompare.html
- Read the information carefully and then locate the following website. http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare
- Search for hospitals within a 50-mile radius of the community where you are working or had your prelicensure clinical experiences. Type in your zip code. Select your hospital and two others. Select hospitals/facilities and choose compare. If you live in a remote area and there are no hospitals listed within a 50-mile radius, select a zip code for a family member or a close friend who does not live near you. The idea is to review comparative data.
- Click on the following topics to learn more.
- Carefully read the information provided.
- Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8–10 slides. Include the following, keeping in mind what all this data means.
- Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspx The Chamberlain Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) offers a module on Computer Literacy that contains a section on PowerPoint. The link to SSP CCSSS may be found under the Special Courses list in eCollege.
- Submit your PowerPoint slideshow to the Dropbox.
a.Survey of patient’s experiences
b.Timely and effective care (focus your search on two of the conditions that apply to services provided at the hospitals)
c.Readmissions, complications, and deaths
a.Title slide with information pertinent to the course.
b.List reasons to recommend hospital compare to consumers (patients).
c.List reasons to recommend hospital compare to staff who may seek employment.
For d., e., and f. (below), slides are clearly labeled as Hospital A, B or C.
d.Summarize patient experiences data for each hospital.
e.Summarize timely and effective care data for two conditions.
f.Summarize data for readmissions or complications and deaths.
g.List recommendations for improving data for one selected facility.
h.Summarize what you learned from this experience.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint Presentations
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
- Be creative.
- Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com