UCLA Comparing the Depiction of Socrates Clouds versus In the Apology – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Are the depictions of Socrates in Aristophanes’ Clouds and Plato’s Apology in any way consistent with each other?Can we say that they depict the same man (even if from different perspectives), or are these depictions so inconsistent with each other that we must conclude that they cannot concern the same man and that one of them must be false?
- Grading criteria:your grade will be based on the overall effectiveness of your argument, which includes the logic and sophistication of your thesis and supporting analysis, the quality and relevance of your evidence, and the style and clarity of your writing.Your thesis must directly address the topic you select and you must state your thesis clearly in your paper.Also, for every point that you make, you need to support it with examples from the primary sources of evidence.
- Format:12 pt font, double-spaced, and one-inch margins.
- Citing sources:you may cite quotations with parenthetical notes.For example:”Of all things the measure is man” (Protagoras, Reader 119).Notice that the ending quotation mark comes before the parenthetical note and the period comes after the parenthetical note.
- include a cover page with a descriptive title that sums up the thesis of your essay (and not just Paper Topic #1).
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com