Walden Unviersity Child Sexual Abuse Therapeutic Intervention Discussion – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
For this Assignment, review the media program Trauma and consider the symptomology of PTSD and how trauma can affect children and adolescents. Then, select a different type of childhood or adolescent trauma from the one you selected for the Discussion. Consider the posttraumatic stress symptoms that are likely to occur and what type of treatment interventions you might use to treat the child or adolescent. Also, think about how you might support or educate parents or guardians as they attempt to support their child or adolescent.
The Assignment (2–3 pages):
- Describe a major trauma or event that may occur to children and/or adolescents.
- Describe three potential symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder that may occur as a result of the major trauma or event, and explain why these symptoms may occur.
- Describe one intervention you might use in treating this type of trauma. Justify the selection of your intervention using the week’s resources and current literature.
- Explain two ways you might educate or support the parents/guardians as they help their child or adolescent through the trauma. Be specific.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the week’s resources for this course.
Putman, S. E. (2009). The monsters in my head: Posttraumatic stress disorder and the child survivor of sexual abuse. Journal of Counseling & Development, 87(1), 80–89
Stover, C. S., Hahn, H., Im, J. J. Y., & Berkowitz, S. (2010). Agreement of parent and child reports of trauma exposure and symptoms in the early aftermath of a traumatic event. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 2(3), 159–168
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com