You are a caseworker for a dialysis center providing resources and support for patients with end stage renal disease, psychology task help – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
– Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Consider the following scenario:
You are a caseworker for a dialysis center providing resources and support for patients with end stage renal disease. You are preparing paperwork for one of your clients who is undergoing the screening process for a kidney transplant. You and your team must decide if your client is a good candidate for a transplant. Your supervisors note that your client has a history of alcoholism and substance abuse and that this history could disqualify your client’s transplant candidacy. You disagree with your supervisor and suggest that the client’s substance abuse is no longer a problem. The team, however, ultimately disagrees and denies approval for your client’s transplant. You are upset and angry with your supervisor.
You now must share’s the team’s decision with your client. You know he will be upset and will most likely become verbally agitated. You are not looking forward to meeting with your client.
In a 2-page paper address the following:
- What are the salient features associated with this case?
- Write a one-paragraph letter to your client summarizing the team’s decision. Make sure to include an argument and rationale for your decision.
- Write a one-paragraph letter to your supervisor expressing your disagreement with the team’s decision.
- Identify a minimum of four concepts and definitions from at least 3 of your human services courses. Describe how you would utilize those concepts to solve the problem.
(Please note that by the course project’s completion you must make reference to concepts and definitions from all your Rasmussen curriculum e.g. Human Behavior, Theoretical Service Delivery, Research, Human Sexuality etc…)
- Remember, the focus of this module is being able to use neutral, objective and healthy communication.
ORDER NOW – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com